Atomic force microscopes NT-MDT with optical microscopes Olympus
Instrument: Atomic force microscopes NT-MDT with optical microscopes Olympus
Location: laboratory 03
- imaging of proteins, nanoparticles and surface topography
- investigation of nano-scale interactions (e.g. protein - protein)
- study of local mechanical properties
AFM microscopes are equipped with the options of:
- head and sample scanning (scanning stage)
- image acquisition through the optical path of an inverted microscope with simultaneous AFM acquisition
- measurement in air and in a liquid environment work in all basic modes (i.e. contact, intermittent contact, force spectroscopy)
Sample sizes (no less than 2x2 mm, no more than 40x40 mm - depending on the shape - possibility of special assembly) AFM microscopes are combained with inverted Olympus IX71 and IX70 microscopes, both equipped with digital cameras. AFM laboratory has olso an AFM student microscope (nanoeducator).
Access: Conducting of experiments possible only under user supervision according to laboratory schedule.