PhD Marcel Krzan
Employee since 1998
Phone: +48 12 6395 131
Bubble motion in surface active agent solutions.
Adsorption processes, state of adsorption layer at gas/liquid interface under dynamic condition.
Foam stability and rheology.
Biomaterials - biofoams, biological emulsions and cover thin films.
Set-up with stroboscopic illumination, for determination of the local and terminal velocities of the bubble.
Set-up with high speed camera Speedcam, for determination of the bubble acceleration and deformation.
Pneumatic and pneumatic-mechanical methods for determination foamability of solutions.
Surface tension measurements (Du Noy ring, pendant drop and stalagmometric methods).
Foam and emulsion rheolody (rotational Bohlin Gemini II rheometer)
- Rheometr rotacyjny Bohlin Gemini II - plate-plate, cone-plate i bi-cone
2016 - Leader of National Scientific Center of Poland “Opus 11” research project entitled "“Development of modern generation technology of stable biological surface film for various bio-medical applications (antibacterial or regeneration properties) " (grant no. 2016/21/ST8/02107, budget ca. 260000 Euro).
2011 - Leader of National Scientific Center of Poland "Opus 1" research project entitled "Development in technology for generation of stable and biodegradable aqueous foam for industrial and biomedical applications." (grant no. 2011/01/B/ST8/03717, budget ca. 120000 Euro).
2004 January - present - chemist at the Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Cracow, Poland. Study of the physico-chemistry of fluid interfaces.
PhD (2004) - International PhD Studies in the International Postgraduate School of the Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences and Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology of the Cracow University of Technology, Poland. Thesis title: "Local velocities, shape and size of bubbles rising in solutions of surface active substances". Financial support was provided by the Committee of Scientific Research (Polish Ministry of Science).
MSc (1998) - in the field of the Protection of the Environment, speciality chemistry of the environment, Chemistry Faculty, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland. Thesis title: "Pt-Rh automotive monolith catalyst, physico-chemical characterisation and preliminary catalytically research to NOx reduction and hydrocarbon oxidation".Bachelor of Science (1996) in the field of the Protection of the Environment, Chemistry Faculty, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
- M. Dabestani, M. Krzan, S. Yeganehzad, R. Miller, Characterisation of Egg White adsorption layers under equilibrium and dynamic conditions, Coll. Surf. A, 568 (2019) 29-35
- P. Drzewicz, G. Nałęcz-Jawecki, A. Smoliński, M. Krzan, A. Starzycka, “Evaluation of thermal treatment of oil containing drilling waste from shale gas exploration in Poland”, Ecological Chemistry and Engineering S, 26 (2019) 45-57,
- P. Chattopadhyay, M. Chauhan, M. Krzan, A. Karthick, Surfactant Foam stabilized by Ethylene Glycol and Allyl Alcohol for the remediation of diesel contaminated soil, Environmental Technology and Innovation, 14 (2019) 100363
- K. Harazny, K. Walas, P. Urbańska, T. Witko, W. Snoch, A. Siemek, B. Jachimska, M. Krzan, B. Napruszewska, M. Witko, S. Bednarz, M. Guzik, “Polyhydroxyalkanoate derived hydrogen bond donors for synthesis of new Deep Eutectic Solvents”, Green Chemistry, DOI 10.1039/C9GC00387H
- •E. Santini, E. Jarek, F. Ravera, L. Ligierri, P. Warszynski, M. Krzan, „Surface properties and foamability of saponin and saponin-chitosan systems”, Coll. Surf. B, May 2019 DOI: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2019.05.035
- J. E. Olszówka, R. Karcz, A. Michalik-Zym, B.D. Napruszewska, E. Bielańska, J. Kryściak-Czerwenka, R. P. Socha, M. Nattich-Rak, M. Krzan, A. Klimek, K. Bahranowski, E.M. Serwicka, "Effect of grinding on the physico-chemical properties of Mg-Al hydrotalcite and its performance as a catalyst for Baeyer-Villiger oxidation of cyclohexanone", Catalysis Today, 333 (2019) 147-153
- M. Krzan, A. Kulawik-Pióro, B. Tyliszczak „Foams stabilized by particles” chapter 15 in book “Foam Films and Foams: Fundamentals and Application” (D. Exerowa, G. Gochev, D. Platikanov, L. Liggieri and R. Miller (Eds.)), book in series of “Progress in colloids and Interfacial Science" CRC Press 2018, ISBN 9781466587724, pp. 279-294
- B. Tyliszczak, S. Kudlacik, A. Drabczyk. M. Krzan, « Porównanie matryc hydrożelowych na bazie polisacharydów - Comparison of hydrogel matrixes on the basis of polysaccharides », Przemysł Chemiczny, 96/12 (2017), pp. 2540-2543
- J. Olszowka, R. Karcz, B. Napruszewska, E. Bielanska, R. Dula, M. Krzan, M. Nattich-Rak, R.P. Socha, A. Klimek, K. Bahranowski, E.M. Serwicka, "Magnesium and/or calcium - containing natural minerals as ecologically friendly catalysts for the Baeyer-Villiger oxidation of cyclohexanone with hydrogen peroxide", Applied Catalysis A: General, 509 (2016) 52-65
- E. Jarek, P. Warszynski, M. Krzan, "Influence of various electrolytes on bubble motion in ionic surfactant solutions", Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects, 505 (2016) 171-178
- M. Mosiałek, A. Kędra, M. Krzan, E. Bielańska, M. Tatko, "Ba0.5Sr0.5Co0.8Fe0.2O3–δ–La0.6Sr0.4Co0.8Fe0.2O3–δ composite cathode for solid oxide fuel cell", Arch. Metall. Mater., 61 (2016) 1137-1142
- A. Kędra, M. Mosiałek, M. Krzan, M. Tatko, M. Zimowska, E. Bielańska, E. Czerlunczakiewicz, "Supporting effect of silver on BSCF cathodes for SOFC", Materiały Ceramiczne / Ceramic Materials, 68 (2016) 70-75
- S.S. Dukhin, V.I. Kovalchuk, M Lotfi, M Krzan, K Malysa, R Miller, "Dynamics of Rear Stagnant Cap Formation at the Surface of Rising Bubbles in Surfactant Solutions for Small Marangoni Number and Slow Sorption Kinetics", Adv. Colloid Interface Sci., 222 (2015) 260–274
- M. Krzan, E. Jarek, P. Warszyński, E. Rogalska, "Effect of products of PLA2 catalyzed hydrolysis of DLPC on motion of rising bubbles", Colloids and Surf. B, 128 (2015) 261-267
- M. Mosiałek, M. Krzan, M. Tatko, E. Bielańska, A. Kędra, A. Michna, E. Czerlunczakiewicz, "Composite cathode materials for solid oxide fuel cells", Materiały Ceramiczne / Ceramic Materials, 67 (2015) 220-221
- J. Zawała, E. Małysa, M. Krzan, K. Małysa, "Monitoring of contamination of environmental and industrial waters using the bubble velocity measurements – advantages and limitations", Physicochem. Probl. Miner. Process., 50(1) (2014) 143-157
- V. Ulaganathan, M. Krzan, M. Lotfi, S.S. Dukhin, V.I. Kovalchuk, A. Javadi, K. Malysa, R. Miller, "Influence of a-lactoglobulin and its surfactant mixtures on the velocity of rising bubbles", Colloid Surf. A:, 460 (2014) 361-368
- Krzan M., Caps H., Vandewalle N., "Stability of Bovine Serum Albumine foams in Hele-Shaw cell", Colloid Surf. A:, 438 (2013) 112-118
- M. Krzan, K. Małysa, "Influence of electrolyte presence on bubble motion in solutions of sodium n-alkylsulfates (C8, C10, C12)", Physicochem. Problems Mineral Process., 48(1) (2012) 49-62
- K. Małysa, J. Zawała, M. Krzan, M. Krasowska, "Bubbles Rising in Solutions; Local and Terminal Velocities, Shape Variations and Collisions with Free Surface“, chapter 11 in "Bubble and Drops Interfaces" ISBN 9789004174955, book in series of "Progress in colloids and Interfacial Science" published 2011 (chapter in the scientific monography) pp. 243-292
- M. Krzan, K. Małysa, "Influence of Solution pH and Electrolyte Presence on Bubble Velocity in Anionic Surfactant Solutions", Physicochem. Problems Mineral Process., 43 (2009) 43-58
- S. Cohen-Addad, M. Krzan, R. Höhler, B. Herzhaft "Rheology of Particle Laden Foams", Phys. Rev. Lett., 99 (2007) 168001-168004
- M. Krzan, J. Zawała, K. Małysa, "Development of Steady State Adsorption Distribution over Interface of the Bubble Rising in Solutions of n-Alkanols (C5, C8) and Alkylthrimethylammonium Bromides (C8, C12, C16)", Colloids Surf. A, 298 (2007) 42-51
- K. Małysa, M. Krasowska, M. Krzan "Influence of Surface Active Substances on Bubble Motion and Collision with Various Interfaces", Adv. Colloid Interface Sci., 114-115C (2005) 205-205
- M.Krzan, K.Lunkenheimer, K.Małysa "On the Influence of the Surfactant's Polar Group on the Local and Terminal Velocities of Bubbles", Colloids Surf. A, 250 (2004) 431-441
- M. Krzan, K. Lunkenheimer, K. Małysa, "Pulsation and Bouncing of a Bubble Prior to Rupture and/or Foam Film Formation", Langmuir, 19 (2003) 6586-6589
- M. Krasowska, M. Krzan, K. Małysa, "Bubble Collisions with Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic Surfaces in -Terpineol Solutions", Physicochem. Problems Mineral Process., 37 (2003) 37-50
- M.Krzan, K.Małysa, "Profiles of Local Velocities of Bubbles in n-Butanol, n-Hexanol and n-Nonanol Solutions", Colloids Surf. A, 207 (2002) 279-291
- M.Krzan, K.Małysa, "Influence of Frother Concentration on Bubble Dimensions and Rising Velocities", Physicochem. Problems Mineral Process., 36 (2002) 65-76
- van den Brink R.W., Krzan M., Feijen-Jeurissen M.M.R., Louw R., Mülder P., "The role of the support and dispersion in the catalytic combustion of chlorobenzene on noble metal based catalysts", Applied Catalysis B., 24 (2000) 255-261