PhD Aleksandra Pacuła
Employee since 2006
Room: 030, 129
Phone: +48 12 6395 108
Application of Na+ and H+-exchanged montmorillonites and layered double hydroxides as supports for heteropolyacids with Keggin-like structure. Preparation of heteropolyacid/layered mineral systems and description of their structure, morphology, thermal stability and evaluation of their catalytic properties.
Synthesis and characterisation of the physicochemical properties of porous N-doped carbon materials possessing graphite-like structure and testing of them as supports for transition metals in electrocatalysis.
Synthesis of inorganic compounds possessing layered structure containing transition metals (via precipitation). Newly prepared materials involve layered double hydroxides (Mg-Al, Zn-Al, Cu-Cr) and hydroxysalts (Zn, Cu, Zn-Cu, Zn-Co).
Preparation of catalytic systems based on layered double hydroxides with incorporated heteropolyanions (via ion exchange) and catalysts derived from montmorillonites with supported heteropolyacids (via impregnation).
The use of the chemical vapour deposition (CVD) method to obtain porous carbon materials (via pyrolysis).
Characterisation of the physicochemical properties of powdered inorganic materials by means of X-ray diffraction, thermogravimetric analysis, nitrogen sorption, IR and UV-Vis spectroscopes.
Testing of the electrocatalytic properties of systems prepared by deposition of transition metals onto carbon materials. Catalytic test reactions involves: the oxygen reduction reaction and the methanol oxidation reaction (Schlumberger-Solartron ECI 1286 digital potentiostat).
- Habilitation (2019) Jerzy Haber Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences. "Porous carbon materials doped with nitrogen and their composites with transition metals".
- PhD (2006) International Postgraduate School of the Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences. "Natural and synthetic layered minerals as supports for heteropolyacids".
- MSc (2000) Krakow University of Technology, Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Department of Chemistry and Technology of Polymers. "Recycling of polyurethanes".
- 2018 - 3-month visiting research fellowship, Japan, National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) in Tsukuba
- 2010/2011 - 4-month visiting research fellowship, Japan, International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics (MANA), National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS) in Tsukuba
- 2009/2010 - 4-month postdoctoral research fellowship, Japan, Hokkaido University, Graduate School of Science, Department of Chemistry
- 2006/2007 - 1-year postdoctoral research fellowship, the United Kingdom, University of Nottingham, Department of Chemistry
- 2003 - 1-month research fellowship, the United Kingdom, University of Cambridge, Department of Chemistry.
- A. Pacuła, K. Uosaki, R.P. Socha, E. Bielańska, P. Pietrzyk, M. Zimowska, "Corrigendum to “Nitrogen-doped carbon materials derived from acetonitrile and Mg-Co-Al layered double hydroxides as electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction reaction” [Electrochim. Acta 212 (2016) 47-58]", Electrochim. Acta, 259 (2018) 685-686
- A. Pacuła, R.P. Socha, P. Pietrzyk, M. Zimowska, M. Ruggiero-Mikołajczyk, D. Mucha, R. Kosydar, G. Mordarski, "Physicochemical and electrochemical properties of the carbon materials containing nitrogen and cobalt derived from acetonitrile and Co-Al layered double hydroxides", J. Mater. Sci., 10.1007/s10853-018-2427-9
- A. Pacuła, K. Uosaki, R.P. Socha, E. Bielańska, P. Pietrzyk, M. Zimowska, "Nitrogen-doped carbon materials derived from acetonitrile and Mg-Co-Al layered double hydroxides as electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction reaction", Electrochimica Acta, 212 (2016) 47-58
- A. Pacuła, P. Nowak, W. Makowski, R.P. Socha, "The influence of layered double hydroxide composition on the morphology, porosity and capacitive properties of nitrogen-doped carbon materials prepared via chemical vapor deposition", Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 201 (2015) 1-9
- A. Pacuła, K. Pamin, J. Kryściak-Czerwenka, Z. Olejniczak, B. Gil, E. Bielańska, R. Dula, E.M. Serwicka, A. Drelinkiewicz, "Physicochemical and catalytic properties of hybrid catalysts derived from 12-molybdophosphoric acid and montmorillonites", Applied Catalysis A: General, 498 (2015) 192-204
- A. Olejniczak, M. Leżańska, A. Pacuła, P. Nowak, J. Włoch, J.P. Łukaszewicz, "Nitrogen-Containing Mesoporous Carbons with High Capacitive Properties Derived from a Gelatin Biomolecule", Carbon, 91 (2015) 200-214
- M. Leżańska, A. Olejniczak, A. Pacuła, G. Szymański, J. Włoch, "The influence of microporosity creation in highly mesoporous N-containing carbons obtained from chitosan on their catalytic and electrochemical properties", Catalysis Today, 227 (2014) 223-232
- A. Pacuła, K. Pamin, A. Zięba, J. Kryściak-Czerwenka, Z. Olejniczak, E.M. Serwicka, A. Drelinkiewicz, "Physicochemical and catalytic properties of montmorillonites modified with 12-tungstophosphoric acid", Applied Clay Science, 95 (2014) 220-231
- A. Pacuła, P. Nowak, R.P. Socha, M. Ruggiero-Mikołajczyk, D. Mucha, E. Bielańska, "Preparation and characterization of the electroactive composites containing nickel nanoparticles and carbon nanotubes", Electrochimica Acta, 90 (2013) 563-572
- A. Pacuła, R.P. Socha, M. Zimowska, M. Ruggiero-Mikołajczyk, D. Mucha, P. Nowak, "Application of as-synthesized Co–Al layered double hydroxides for the preparation of the electroactive composites containing N-doped carbon nanotubes", Applied Clay Science, 72 (2013) 163-174
- A. Pacuła, K. Ikeda, T. Masuda, K. Uosaki, "Examination of the electroactive composites containing cobalt nanoclusters and nitrogen-doped nanostructured carbon as electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction reaction", Journal of Power Sources, 220 (2012) 20-30
- A.Zięba, A.Pacuła, A.Drelinkiewicz, "Transesterification of Triglycerides with Methanol Catalysed by Heterogeneous Zinc Hydroxy Nitrate Catalyst. Evaluation of Variables Affecting the Activity and Stability of Catalyst", Energy Fuels, 24 (2010) 634–645
- A.Zięba, A.Pacuła, E.M.Serwicka, A.Drelinkiewicz, "Transesterification of Triglycerides with Methanol over Thermally Treated Zn5(OH)8(NO3)2 x 2 H2O Salt", Fuel, 89 (2010) 1961–1972
- T. Biswick, W. Jones, A. Pacuła, E. Serwicka, J. Podobiński, "Evidence for the Formation of Anhydrous Zinc Acetate and Acetic Anhydride during the Thermal Degradation of Zinc Hydroxy Acetate, Zn5(OH)8(CH3COO)2ˇ4H2O to ZnO", Solid State Sci., 11 (2009) 330-335
- R. Grabowski, E.M. Serwicka, A. Pacuła, J. Plona, M. Śliwa, "Minerały warstwowe jako podstawa projektowania katalizatorów do syntezy eteru dimetylowego", Karbo, 1 (2009) 34-38 [ISSN 1230-0446]
- A. Pacuła, R. Mokaya, "Synthesis and High Hydrogen Storage Capacity of Zeolite-Like Carbons Nanocast Using As-Synthesized Zeolite Templates", J. Phys. Chem. C, 112 (2008) 2764-2769
- A. Pacuła, R. Mokaya, "Porous Carbon Materials via Chemical Vapour Deposition Using As-Synthesised Zeolites as Template: Synthesis and Hydrogen Storage Properties", in: "Nanoporous Materials"(A.Sayari, M.Jaroniec, Eds.), (2008) p.283-292
- T. Biswick, W. Jones, A. Pacuła, E. Serwicka, J. Podobiński "The Role of Anhydrous Zinc Nitrate in the Thermal Decomposition of the Zinc Hydroxy Nitrates Zn5(OH)8(NO3)2ˇ2H2O and ZnOHNO3ˇH2O", J. Solid State Chem., 180 (2007) 1171-1179 T. Borowski, S. de Marothy, E. Brocławik, C. J. Schofield, P. E. M. Siegbahn "Mechanism for Cyclization Reaction by Clavaminic Acid Synthase. Insights from Modeling Studies", Biochem., 46 (2007) 3682-3691
- A. Pacuła, R. Mokaya "Layered Double Hydroxides as Templates for Nanocasting Porous N-Doped Graphitic Carbons via Chemical Vapour Deposition", Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., 106 (2007) 147-154
- T. Biswick, W. Jones, A. Pacuła, E. M. Serwicka "Synthesis, Characterisation and Anion Exchange Properties of Copper, Magnesium, Zinc and Nickel Hydroxy Nitrates", J. Solid State Chem., 179 (2006) 49-55
- A. Pacuła, E. Bielańska, A. Gaweł, K. Bahranowski, E. M. Serwicka "Textural Effects in Powdered Montmorillonite Induced by Freeze-drying and Ultrasound Pretreatment", Appl. Clay Sci., 32 (2006) 64-72
- T. T. Biswick, W. Jones, A. Pacuła, E. M. Serwicka "Synthesis, Characterization and Anion Exchange Properties of Copper, Magnesium, Zinc and Nickel Hydroxy Nitrates", J. Solid State Chem., 178 (2005) 3810-3816
- A.Michalik, A.Pacuła, E.M.Serwicka, K.Bahranowski, A.Gaweł, R.Dziembaj, E.Bielańska "The Role of Synthesis Parameters in Preparation of Cu, Cr-Layered Double Hydroxides", Polish J. Chem., 78 (2004) 1997-2004