Dr rer. nat. Agata Pomorska
Employee since 2017
Room: 137 Kraków
Phone: +48 12 6395202
Adsorption kinetics of proteins and gold nanoparticles on various surfaces by means of Quartz Crystal Microbalance (QCM) technique.
Self-assembly of magnetic Fe3O4 nanoparticles studied with Langmuir Blodgett trough.
Structural deformations of polymer brushes along their growth monitored via QCM.
Studies of the adsorption of self- assembly monolayers and nanoparticles on modified metal surfaces via QCM.
Quartz Crystal Microbalance, Dynamic light scattering, FTIR Spectroscopy, Microcontact Printing, Hydrothermal Synthesis of ZnO nanocrystalline films, Langmuir Blodgett Trough.
February 2017- present- adjunct in the Colloid group (team leader: Prof. dr. hab. Zbigniew Adamczyk), Jerzy Haber Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
November 2016- September 2018- external researcher- NCN project, AGH University of Science and Technology, Academic Centre for Materials and Nanotechnology (in cooperation with Prof. Marcin Sikora).
October 2013- September 2016- assistant, Jagiellonian University, Chemistry Department (postdoctoral fellowship FUGA "Polymer brushes grafted from ZnO nanocrystalline films and nanoparticles as multifunctional hybrid materials", National Science Center- principal investigator, supervisor: Prof. dr. hab. Szczepan Zapotoczny; supervising bachelor thesis of MSc Aleksandra Cebrat: "Tailoring of ZnO nanorods synthesis for photovoltaic application", June 2016).
October 2014- october 2015- co- investigator in a biomaterial project in cooperation with Prof. dr. hab. Stefan Chłopicki Jagiellonian Centre for Experience Therapeutics).
May 2013- July 2013- postdoctoral fellowship by comertial project with Atotech Deutschland GmbH company, Paderbon University, Technical and Makromolecular Chemistry Department, Germany
November 2008- March 2013- reaserch work within the following projects as a PhD student at the Paderborn University, Technical and Makromolecular Chemistry Department, Germany:
-“Prediction of the kinetics of self-repair of forming-induced defects on thin functional primers for advanced automotive applications” (KINSREP), EU 7th Research Programme of the Research Fund for Coal and Steel Steel RTD.
-„Bifunctional coatings based on self-locating nanocontainers“ Volkswagen Stiftung.
-“Durability of adhesively bonded surfaces finished galvanised steels in corrosive environments (DURADH)” EU 7th Research Programme of the Research Fund for Coal and Steel Steel RTD
-FP7 LARGE Project MUST: "Multi-level protection of the materials for vehicles by "smart" nanocontainers".
29 May 2013- PhD defense with distinction (summa cum laude): “Studies of the adsorption of organic acids and nanoparticles on modified metal surfaces by means of QCM technique”, supervisor: Prof. Dr. -Ing. Guido Grundmeier.
November 2008- March 2013- PhD studies at the Paderbon University, Technical and Makromolecular Chemistry Department, Germany.
July 2008- Master thesis defense at the Chemistry Department,Inferfacial Phenomena Division at the Maria Curie Sklodowska University in Lublin, Poland, supervisor: Prof. dr. hab. Bronisław Jańczuk.
August 2007- September 2007- Participation in : „Summer School 2007” programm at the Hahn- Meitner Institute, Berlin, Germany.
October 2003- June 2008- Chemistry studies (major in Physical Chemistry) at the Chemistry Department, Maria Curie Sklodowska University in Lublin, Poland
- A. Michna, A. Pomorska, M. Nattich-Rak, M. Wasilewska, Z. Adamczyk, "Hydrodynamic Solvation of Poly(amido amine) Dendrimer Monolayers on Silica", J. Phys. Chem. C, (2020)
- J. Maciejewska-Prończuk, M. Oćwieja, Z. Adamczyk, A. Pomorska, "Formation of Gold Nanoparticle Bilayers on Gold Sensors", Colloids Surf., A, 560 (2019) 393-401
- M. Wasilewska, Z. Adamczyk, A. Pomorska, M. Nattich-Rak, M. Sadowska , "Human Serum Albumin Adsorption Kinetics on Silica: Influence of Protein Solution Stability", Langmuir, 35 (2019) 2639-2648
- A. Pomorska, K. Wolski, M. Wytrwal-Sarna, A. Bernasik, Sz. Zapotoczny, "Polymer Brushes Grafted from Nanostructured Zinc Oxide Layers – Spatially Controlled Decoration of Nanorods", Eur. Polym. J., 112 (2019) 186–194
- A. Michna, P. Batys, M. Morga, A. Pomorska, M. Wytrwal-Sarna, M. Kepczynski, Z. Adamczyk, "Formation of Strong Polycation (Poly[(3-allylamino-2- hydroxypropyl)trimethylammonium chloride]) Monolayers on Mica, Silica, and Gold Substrates: Modeling and Experimental Studies", J. Phys. Chem. C, 123 (2019) 19022-19032
- A. Pomorska, Z. Adamczyk, M. Nattich-Rak, M. Sadowska, "Kinetics of Human Serum Albumin Adsorption at Silica Sensor: Unveiling Dynamic Hydration Function", Colloids Surf., B, 167 (2018) 377-384
- Z. Adamczyk, A. Pomorska, M. Nattich-Rak, M. Wytrwał – Sarna, A. Bernasik, "Protein Adsorption Mechanisms at Rough Surfaces: Serum Albumin at a Gold Substrate", J. Colloid Interface Sci., 530 (2018) 631–641
- M. Szuwarzyński, K. Wolski, A. Pomorska, T. Uchacz, A. Gut, Ł. Łapok, Sz. Zapotoczny, "Photoactive Surface-Grafted Polymer Brushes with Phthalocyanine Bridging Groups as an Advanced Architecture for Light Harvesting", Chem.: Eur. J., 23 (2017) 11239-11243
- A. Pomorska, K. Wolski, A. Puciul- Malinowska, Sz. Zapotoczny, "Tailored Conditions for Controlled and Fast Growth of Surface Grafted PNIPAM Brushes", Polymer, 97 (2016) 380–386
- B. Mosebach, F.M. Bayer, C.C. Fels, M. Voigt, B. Oezkaya, A. Pomorska, A. Keller, G. Grundmeier, "Adsorption and Adhesion Studies of PdSn-Nanoparticles on Protonated Amine- and Carboxylic Acid Terminated Surfaces", Surf. Interface Anal., 48 (2016) 1017-1025
- A. Pomorska, O. Ozcan, G. Grundmeier, "Effect of Zn2+ Concentration on the Adsorption of Organophosphonic Acids on Nanocrystalline ZnO Surface", Colloid Interfac. Sci. Comm., 2 (2014) 11-14
- S. Higgins, J. Hodgkiss, N. Plank, L. Torsi, P. Cowper, G. Malliaras, Y. Braeken, N. Laurand, I. Samuel, A. Pomorska, F. Wudl, B. Xu, U. Lemmer, D. Perepichka, A. Mount, L. Dennany, D. Bradley, K. Melzer, "Organic Bioelectronics: General Discussion", Faraday Discussions, 174 (2014) 413-428
- A. Pomorska, K. Yliniemi, B.P. Wilson, D. Shchukin, D. Johannsmann, G. Grundmeier, "QCM Study of the Adsorption of Polyelectrolyte Covered Mesoporous TiO2 Nanocontainers on SAM Modified Au Surfaces", J. Colloid Interface Sci., 362 (2011) 180-187
- A. Pomorska, D. Shchukin, R. Hammond, M. Cooper, G. Grundmeier, D. Johannsmann, "Positive Frequency Shifts Observed Upon Adsorbing Micron-Sized Solid Objects to a Quartz Crystal Microbalance from the Liquid Phase", Anal. Chem., 82 (2010) 2237-2242